Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jack's 7th birthday

I am going to go ahead and let you know, this is the first of many posts to come in the next day or so. I have started so many, but been busy and haven't had time to finish any of them! As last year, I'm continuing with a happy birthday letter to my son. He turned 7!! Wow!! That must mean
An adult and an ok mom. As long as they survive toddler hood, I think every parent should get a "hell yea, you didn't kill them" medal!! Lol you know the years they have no fear and try everything and stress the hell out of you!! Jack is long past that and turning out to be such a sweet boy. He still has a few issues, but I can't blame him for what he's gone through. I Dont know if you have seen parenthood with Steve Martin, but jack is like Kevin in that movie. He easily cries over things and stresses out about everything! Sometimes he gets overwhelmed and has a break down, and small things can overwhelm him. Just the excitement of his birthday had the poor kid stressed out and crying. Anyhow, here is a letter to Jack.
Dear Jack:
Wow!! I can't believe you are growing from a baby to a small person to a responsible kid right in front of my eyes. When I look into your eyes, I still
The baby that I had. Sometimes when you sleep I like to just stare at you. Yes, moms can be weird, you'll soon learn why. But to me, while you sleep, you still look like that tiny baby we brought home with us. I have loved watching you grow up, and with each year, your coming into your own even more. I find you to be a very funny little boy with a great laugh. Your laugh is contagious, and we have needed that over the last year.
You really did a wonderful job in first grade considering we had to fight you to go to kindergarten. You also had some rough moments to deal with over the last year, and you have done nothing but treat Lucy so nice during her hard days. Now her good days are a different story. You two would beat each other to a pulp if we let you. Which is normal. And normal is nice. I know you have again made sacrifices this year for our family situation, but I truly believe that will make you much stronger. Life lessons aren't always easy, but you always come out the other side with more knowledge and power. The one thing I hope this journey we are on has taught you is to do what you love always and never sacrifice your happiness for what others may say is the "right" way of doing things. There is no right way and life's to short and precious to fill the need to be equal to others. You will always be unique and that's what makes you who you are. I hope this past 18 months has taught you that family comes first. We are a tight family, the 4 of us, and it shall always be that way.
This past year, you have really taken your imagination to new levels, and I love how you are enjoying reading. Don't stop reading. It's the gateway to fantasy and only helps to mold your imagination more which always promises to make life more interesting. Thank you for trying new things. Never stop that. And I wish I could say this next year is going to be easier, but I can't. We never know what the future holds. But I'm certain with your kind heart, contagious laugh, and love for your sister, you will only come out even stronger and filled with life skills that others may not have at the ripe age of 7. Consider it a blessing and not a hindering. Happy birthday to the most handsome boy I know.
Love
Mommy (btw, the no kisses anymore have got to change! You are never to old to kiss your mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment