Saturday, June 18, 2011

TV interviews and Tattoos

Well we had our TV interview for St. Jude's telethon scheduled to air August 6th.  They were here for about 3 hours getting footage and doing interviews.  Lucy was a bit nervous during her actual sit down interview, but did great with candid shots and questions.  She chose her own outfit, so beware..... it was a Beatles shirt (of course), and a tutu along with her mary janes.  My interview was about 40 minutes, so I hope they can edit some of that to get something good.  Anybody that knows me, knows I don't have issues talking. I thought I would be more nervous than I was.  It wasn't bad after I got used to just looking at the camera dude.  I told Steve, our cameraman and interviewer, that Zach would be the comic relief.  Zach said he was too nervous to be funny.  He said a shot of whiskey prior would have helped.  They asked me what if I was live and were looking straight into the camera, what is the one thing I would say to get people to donate to St. Jude.  I said "Lucy is my daughter, but what if she was yours?".  I never dreamed in a million years this would happen to our family, and no matter how cliche that sounds, its so true.  Steve said he thought we were slated for the 1st hour of the telethon and that they would show our story, and then we would be on live.  YIKES!  I hope people don't turn off the TV after seeing us.
So that Covers the first T for TV....on to Tattoos.  Yep, I got one!  Zach has an appointment scheduled for his.  Why tattoos?  Because we were feeling reckless.  We haven't had a chance to be anything but, and it sounded like a good idea. We have been talking about it for a while. Mine was easy, so I got it done in less than 20 minutes....Zach's will take longer.  And anybody that knows him, knows this is a BIG deal.  He used to pass out if he saw a needle.  He said after our experience and everything that Lucy has been through, there is no fear anymore.   I'll post his as soon he gets it, its a surprise on what he is going to get......

No comments:

Post a Comment