Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm back.......

So I'm not sure if it's the anticipation of today, the fact the air is so incredibly dry, or just because it seems familiar, but I'm up at 5 am. Actually I was up at 4:30. We stayed at the Ronald McDonald house last night and in their wonderful remodeled rooms and it was and is absolutely awesome. We got here in time for dinner, they were serving tacos, and then the kids just ran and played all night. They also have this game where every week they hide a tiny Ronald McDonald doll and whoever finds it gets a prize, so we went on the hunt for that last night. Daddy found it but let jack "find" it. Boy was Lucy mad!! Ha! She tried to sweet talk and cry her way into a prize herself. We said no go. Then you know what she did??!! She played the cancer card!! Hahahah first time ever! She said "well I'm the one with cancer" we said no no no no. You may have the disease but our entire family lives with it too, especially jack. So nice try, but it won't work on us. Little booger.
Then we crashed. Well we attempted to crash. The kids were in the same bed and goofing off for a good hour. So we made them switch and I slept with jack and daddy slept with Lucy.
So now here I sit with my cup of coffee and out on the porch with the resident cat Cinderella. She seems to have a new friend. He is a smaller kitty with what looks like a mask from the lone ranger. He doesn't live here because as I approached, he ran away. Ahhh familiar. I know we had some of our hardest times while staying here, but it's still a comfort to walk in the doors. We always feel like we are home. How many places can you truly say that about?
This morning Lucy gets her last lumbar puncture with chemo!! Yay!! And we don't return to Memphis until July!! Slowly but surely our abnormal is starting to become a lot more manageable. Dex starts today, so not looking forward to that! Every pulse is worst than the last. And it usually only takes one pill.
Well I'm going to refill my coffee and enjoy the quiet before the madness hits. Ps. I made the coffee this morning, I'm not sure if the security guard still does or if it's even the same one. But just in case, thought I would leave a sweet surprise for somebody else to start their morning off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment