Monday, February 20, 2012

Life as Taco

Funny how I can jump subjects in my blog so quickly.  If it gives you any indication on how my life and mind works, it's pretty messed up sometimes.  I wonder if I have ADD...anyhow, I was noticing Taco the other day.  Not that I don't notice him everyday, but I was laughing really hard at him, and it made me think. It was 10:45 am and he was still in bed from the night before.  We have a heated mattress pad, and apparently the timers had kicked off yet, so he was in it for the long haul.  So I thought to myself.  I think I'm going to live a day as Taco in the near future.  It's a science experiment...or maybe a social experiment, either way, it will be good for prosperity.
So here is how I imagine my day will go.  I plan on sleeping in until the heated mattress pad goes off.  Assuming we kick it on around 10:30 and its a 12 hour timer, that would get me up at 10:30 am.  I then plan on going potty (although for all people involved in this experiment) I will go the person's way.  BUT I do require a treat when I'm done. A pat on the head, called a good girl..then I will retreat to the couch for a short "cat" nap.
Then it will be lunch around noon.  So I plan to hover around Lucy.  She is notorious for giving food to Taco.  Which is probably why the diet food isn't working....anyhow, I'll make sure to have Zach make something AMAZING for lunch so I can eat hers too.  Then guess what comes after lunch?  Potty, Treat (I'll make sure I have plenty of dove chocolates laying around)  True dogs can't have chocolate, but this is an experiment...science says I can make concessions.  Then NAP!!
Usually Taco lays in bed until Jack gets off the bus from school around 3:50, where then I will get out of bed and hug and kiss Jack when he gets off the bus (maybe I can work up a good bark).  Then I will retreat to the couch.
Now being a good replica of Taco, I will let Lucy torture me.  She usually likes to cover him with kisses and hugs and be in his general way.  I can handle that.
Then I will continue to take another nap on the couch until the prep of dinner starts.  Then I will sit right next to Zach and get under his feet while he cooks dinner in hopes I can have a taste of something he drops on the floor (of course, I will catch it prior to dropping).  Then once again, I will be RIGHT next to Lucy during meal time.  Potty, treat...repeat ....
Then the night gets exciting....
I will sit in my chair with my favorite blanket and sit on Taco's lap...err..well..he may have to sit on mine, but you get the idea.  That's pretty much all he does all night.  He will even try to drag the blanket over to my chair...
Potty...treat....and then guess what BED!!!!  yep...heated mattress pad...here I come.
AHHH..the life of Taco. I cannot WAIT to spend the day being "him".  Now if I can find a substitute "me" while I do this experiment, it may work out much better for Zach.

No comments:

Post a Comment