Friday, February 3, 2012

Sugar and Spice and everything.....you decide

It has been a long time since I last blogged, and it isn't for lack of material, but rather, lack of time.  I am actually up before anybody this morning and waiting for my coffee to brew, so its nice to have some alone time.  This is my favorite time to write.  I ramble best in the mornings when I first get up.
Lucy is doing well.  Her counts have finally come up and is getting full doses of chemo every week. We did switch our clinic day in Peoria from Tuesdays to Wednesdays.  They were getting a little packed on leukemia days so they are trying to spread it out.  How sad is that?  A cancer clinic is getting too busy...let me rephrase that...a child's cancer clinic is overflowing. WTH?  I remember when we got our diagnosis. I asked how this happened.  The first thing any doctor we met told us was "None of this is your fault.  There is nothing you did wrong while you were pregnant, there is nothing you did wrong while raising Lucy".  That was a huge relief.  Because there is a lot of guilt associated with this for us.  What if I had nursed longer, what if we hadn't used pesticide on the lawn that year, and the list goes on and on.  Then you meet people who have the same questions and are from all walks of life.  And you finally see that, this was not something that was your fault.  And so, while we go on raising our kids the best way we can, the clinics are still overflowing with pediatric cancer patients.
I did NOT mean to start this off so dreary! ha!  sorry about that.  It was just what has been on my mind lately.
We haven't been on dex for a couple of weeks, and you can't tell!  My little angel. My tiny, precious, beautiful little girl has HORNS!  She is truly ornery and driving me up the wall for the last week.  She is only 4 and very manipulative already.  I guess when she stays at home with grown ups all day, she learns the tricks of the trade!  ha!  So I am going to list in no specific order the "trouble" she has gotten into the past couple of week. Please....refrain from falling out of your chair and laughing so hard your stomach hurts...
Exhibit A: Tooth Paste on the Toilet seat.  I wish I could say this was a one and done....nope.  Happened SEVERAL times this week.  Along with her using up all the hand soap in the bathroom.  We now hide these items and she has to get permission to use them.



Exhibit B: She has decided to wear dress up clothes all day long, which in it self, is not a bad thing, except you should see her room...OMG...it has been taken over by clothes and babies.  And she is so stubborn that she REFUSES to clean it even with help.  She will choose to go to bed at 7 pm instead of cleaning her room.  She is her mother's daughter.

Exhibit C:  She has NOT been on Dex, but unfortunately, her eating habits while on dex has carried over to the rest of the week along with boredom.  She is constantly asking for food.  We have limited her to breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner.  We still find food wrappers of all kinds hidden behind drawers, cabinets, and even under her bed!

Exhibit D: conversation with Lucy.
Me:  Lucy what did you do?
Lucy:  What does it look like I did..I crushed up chalk on the floor.
ok..so no remorse. uh oh...we are in trouble.

Exhibit E: another conversation with Lucy
me:  Lucy did you get into something you weren't suppose to?
Lucy: Nope!
See picture below and tell me how you would handle this situation without laughing. ps.  It's my lotion.

and last for this week, but not least..and I don't have a visual for these two.  Zach walked by Lucy's room and said "Did you paint Lucy's nails?"  I said no, he said "well, her room smells like finger nail polish, you better go investigate"  So I went in there and asked her, and of course she denied everything at first. Then I told her that she would be in much worse trouble if she lied.  So she told me, and then she showed me.  The back side of her door is now painted with finger nail polish to match the wall that has stamps and crayons all over it. She KNEW to hide it behind her door because we don't look there.
When Lucy goes to bed at night, she messes for at least an hour.  Getting up to do everything she can think of.  going potty, getting a drink, etc etc.  Well it started to become too excessive, so we told her from now on every time she gets out of bed, she loses a toy.  So the other night she yelled that she had to go potty, and we told her to go ahead and remember the consequences.  So before getting out of bed, she asked "which toy are you going to take".  Daddy told her not to worry about it.  She said "Well, I hope you don't take my my pinkalicious book".  Daddy "well, don't tell me or I will take that toy".  She proceeds to go potty, but before doing so, hides the book under her bed.  Zach goes in to take a toy and finds it carefully hidden under some blankets under her bed.  NOW!  You tell me Sugar and Spice and everything nice?
**editors note:  These are only a few examples of what we deal with on a daily basis, generally at least 3-4 of like items happen per day.  and THIS is why I take prescription medication ;)

Last item is housekeeping.  Go over and buy your ticket for the St. Jude dream home.  You can see Lucy here on the radio web page and see the tour of St. Jude that was recently taken by Jenn at 97.3 River Country.
Lucy and 97.3 River Country

1 comment: