Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Membership card required

I belong to a club. It's a very exclusive club.
Nobody knows how to gain membership. But it's a tough initiation.
Some say it's exclusive,but I think more and more are starting to become members, so I would argue that point.
I have had to be away from home for long periods of time to fulfill my duties as a member.
I have had to sacrifice time with friends and family.
Initiation made me cry. It made me lose sleep. It even made me scared. I wanted to stop my membership many times, but there are strict rules you must follow. Opting out is not an option.
This club requires a Lot of time and dedication, more than any other club I have belonged to.
After I got through initiation, I thought things would become easier and more manageable, I was wrong.
I have to say, I've met some amazing members in this club. New friends who have become like family.
Get togethers are more frequent and the cost is steep.
The motto was hard to learn, but so worth it. This club has taught me about life and how precious time is. It had taught me to laugh when most would cry. It has taught me to love when most would hate. It's has taught me about patience, kindness, and learning to let go of things that don't really matter. Live, love, and laugh mean something entirely different. I've learned to weather storms and dance in the rain.
I belong to a club.
It's an exclusive club.
No membership card is required.
I am a cancer mom.

2 comments:

  1. I am honored to be able to see your club "activities" through the window that you leave open for us non-members.

    My prayers are that someday you too will only be a watcher and not a member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very random information about the club and its membership card.
    membership cards
    Hotel Key Card

    ReplyDelete