Saturday, August 13, 2011

End of a busy week....and Reinduction 2!

So, we have the telethon behind us and now we have our "Dying to Support Team Lucy" benefit behind us too.  Not to mention, Lucy received the last doses of chemo for Reinduction 2. Now we just have to get through the next 4 days of dex, and we get a 6 week break from the steroids.  But she will start the nightly chemo again, so her numbers will probably crash and take a few weeks to recover.  And Jack starts school next Thursday, and I am planning on returning to work part time after Labor Day.  So starts our "new" normal...we hope.  We hope to not have any set backs or scary incidents like yesterday at Clinic.  Lucy had a reaction to the peg  chemo she got and well, let's just say it was a close call and we would like for that NOT to happen again.  It was horrible and I find I can't even write about it or what could have happened.  but it was a close call.
The benefit was AMAZING..I can't think of any other way to describe it.  Steve Mazan is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met.  He is very down to earth, funny, generous, and all while fighting cancer with the most positive attitude ever!  And the show...well, it was awesome.  If I could have, I would have watched it again the next day.  Zach and I related so much to a lot of it, and then it was just a show where you wanted to clap during parts, cry, and even stand up and shout.  I can't wait to see it again.  And the benefit itself was also so much fun.  It was very different than anything I have ever been to before.  The people that came were awesome and the Missfits ran it and took all the stress off of me, along with my friend Dana.  Farmaggedon did a great job with the music, and the Castle was beautiful, as always.  It it still on my mind today and wish I could go back and do it again.  I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.  Steve also was hand writing these buttons that started out as "I'm Dying to...." and then he would fill in your wish or dream.  It was great and so much fun to see what everybody had written down.  Lucy's was to see the princesses at Disney, Jack too wanted to go to Disney.  Zach wanted to be (ab)normal because he really doesn't like our new normal.  And he also was dying to own an el camino...HELP!  LOL  I blogged earlier about this, and by that night, I still didn't know what I was dying to do.  So Steve helped out and my button read "I'm dying to figure out what I'm dying to do".  I hear there is magic with those buttons. People say they seem to help their dreams come true.  And I don't know about some people, but I finally figured out what I was dying to do.  So my button was magic.  Now I need a new one.  I'm dying to make a difference in this world and live my life doing what I love.

Oh, the only thing I forgot to do was get Taco his button from the benefit.  He probably needes two. Taco is dying to be home alone with no kids.  And Taco is dying to become a pot belly pig ;)

Love to all......Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment